Salary Range: Depending on qualifications and experience.
What we Love
- Strong work ethic
- Positive Attitude
- Innovator Thinking
- Safety and Quality Conscientious
What you will do
- Carry out leadership responsibilities in accordance with company philosophies and applicable law that include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; generate positive feedback and constructive criticism; address all employee concerns and provide resolution; support team by providing technical expertise; plan and assign all work in a fair, equitable and ethical manner.
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety and environmental requirements and ministry of labour guidelines.
- Assist HR with the design, implementation, and monitoring of any Early and Safe Return to Work programs. Ensure employees work within the physical restrictions identified and in accordance with program.
- Address employee safety concerns, report and record all injuries, follow up and implement corrective actions, complete, and document safety training. Submit signed and completed safety corrective actions and training records to human resources
- Always ensure a clean and safe work environment. Demonstrate respect for all plant, health and safety standards and ensure personnel work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Conduct daily shift start up meetings and participate in production and scheduling meetings.
- Manage and oversee timekeepiong, overtime approvals, and vacation scheduling for all direct reports.
- In conjunction with Team Leads, review all work orders prior to being assigned to employees ensuring job specific materials are available, sequence of operations are outlined for any non-standard job and QC hold points / inspection criteria is identified.
- Provide support to team members by providing technical expertise; plan and assign all work in a fair, equitable and ethical manner
- Manage the communication of ECN (engineering change notices) and ensure team members have current information.
- Ensure all direct reports perform quality checks to ensure product matches the drawings prior to moving to another department.
- Ensure final inspection is complete on all finished product prior to leaving the department
- Review the quality of final parts and green tag jobs accordingly including completion of any checklists and photos where applicable
- identify opportunities for improvement and lead continuous improvement and learning opportunities.
- Develop or revise standard operational and working practices and monitor to ensure compliance with standards.
- Work collaboratively with internal resources to continuously develop and improve processes that accurately identify client expectations and ensure costs are contained and within budget expectations.
- Provide support to engineering regarding efficient design, estimation of fabrication time, required materials and equipment.
- Participate in Kaizen activities
- Plan and organize cross training opportunities in conjunction with other department leaders to ensure adequate flexibility of labour
- Ensure plant and equipment maintenance, is appropriately maintained
What we need
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in related field, or certificate and equivalent working experience
- 7+ years related experience, minimum 3 years in a leadership role
- Experience with manufacturing and metal processing
- Innovative problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong customer focus
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency with ERP systems, MS Office and MS Project
What we offer
- Competitive Wages
- Group Health and Dental
- Life and Disability Benefits
- RRSP match
- Health & Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site parking
We appreciate all applicants and only those suitable for an interview will be contacted.
Daily COVID 19 Screening and Temperature Checks. Mandatory Face Masks. Increased sanitization and cleaning procedures. Staggered shifts, lunches, and breaks to increase and support social distancing.
To request accommodation required to participate in the recruitment process including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms please contact Pride Signs Limited directly at email@example.com.