Scope of the Position
- Oversee day to day production and scheduling activities within the final assembly departments.
Key Objectives and Accountabilities
- Demonstrate support for growth and change by providing leadership through coaching, mentoring and training opportunities.
- Assist with schedule and build all signage efficiently to Pride quality standards by thorough job review, set up, material selection and work flow.
- Focus on effective shift set up and production flow to maximize efficiency and minimize material handling.
- Assist with cross shift communication, material preparation and prioritization of work activities to ensure efficient production across all shifts
- Provide technical and process support to all departments to ensure continuous improvement in both quality and delivery.
- Carry out leadership responsibilities in accordance with company philosophies and applicable law that include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; generate positive feedback and constructive criticism; address all employee concerns and provide resolution; support team by providing technical expertise; plan and assign all work in a fair, equitable and ethical manner.
- Provide support to final assembly team members by providing technical expertise; plan and assign all work in a fair, equitable and ethical manner.
- Act as Pride Signs Technical Representative for UL Electrical Requirements
- Conduct daily shift start up meetings and participate in production and scheduling meetings.
- Conduct monthly safety talks, submit training log and completed safety quizzes to Human Resources.
- Address employee safety concerns, report and record all injuries, follow up and implement corrective actions, complete, and document safety training. Submit signed and completed safety corrective actions and training records to human resources
- Assist HR with the design, implementation, and monitoring of any Early and Safe Return to Work programs. Ensure employees work within the physical restrictions identified and in accordance with program.
- Ensures a clean and safe work environment at all times. Demonstrate respect for all plant, health and safety standards and ensure personnel work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Communicate with all production departments, daily and weekly requirements to maintain an even flow of work through the cell.
- Liaison with engineering department for labour estimates, work order and quality issues.
- Manage the communication of ECN (engineering change notices) and ensure team members have current information.
- Ensure all direct reports perform quality checks to ensure product matches the drawings prior to moving to another department.
- Ensure final inspection is complete on non-standard finished product prior to leaving the department. (example non-repeat items, or one offs)
- Review the quality of final parts and green tag jobs accordingly including completion of any checklists and photos where applicable
- Participate in Kaizen activities
- Plan and organize cross training opportunities in conjunction with other department leaders to ensure adequate flexibility of labour
- Manage and oversee timekeeping, overtime approvals, and vacation scheduling for all direct reports
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge, Education & Experience
- Minimum High School
- Minimum 4 years experience supervising and directing reports
- Experience in custom fabrication shop preferred
- Basic computer skills in Outlook, Work and Excel
- Job Profile and Cognitive Indicator match
Supervisory & Management Responsibility
Plan and oversee the work of the following:
- Department Lead Hands
- Department Team Leads
- Final Assembly team members
To request accommodation required to participate in the recruitment process including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms please contact Pride Signs Limited directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.